Sunday 2 December 2012

From KB to KB

My trip to Bandar was a nice one. I went just to see the carnival at Jerudong and the expo at ICC with my special one. I was very happy on the weather. It was not raining but it was very hot. I left home at 7am and arrived early at 8 30 am. I then had a brief rest while listening and playing some videos in my Suzuki Swift at a parking lot around Berakas.

I had a date at 12 that day so I had to waste some of my time at the shop at Gadong selling car accessories. The GPS system included in the Suzuki Swift multimedia system was very beneficial for me and to drivers that occassionally drive out to Bandar or any unknown places. I almost lost my destination when I took a detour at the Muara flyover. I intended to use the Gadong flyover but took the Muara flyover by mistake so I took a long drive using the small two lane roads at the Tungku village. But luckilly the real time GPS helps a lot.

At 12 pm, I went to my girl house. We went to have fresh and sweet meals at Diary Queens at the Airport Mall. Then we looked around the place as it was my first time going there. A few hours later, we went to the ICC as there was an expo on computers, robots and LED products. The expo was a nice one. And we bought some drinks there.

On that day there was also a carnival at Jerudong organized by DST. We went there and even used the shuttle bus and it was a great time. We took some pictures at the carnival. Well honestly it was still not so much entertaining as the one I attended during the RTB carnival at ICC but still I enjoyed the time spent with my girl.

During the evening, we went to the Empire Hotel and relaxed our minds and body there lying on the seats provided near the swimming pool area. I wish that there are more entertaining and enjoying places to visit and dine in Brunei. But both of us enjoyed the carnival and the expo held that day.




The evening walk at the Empire was a sweaty one. It was very hot and sunny and I was also wearing a dark shirt with a hood at the back. At Maghrib, we decided to have a dinner at Soto Rindu at Giant. I was very much enjoyed the foods there especially the Ayam Penyet. The price of foods there are also good and reasonable. Then we went back to my girl house. At 7 30pm, I went to my car and went home. Well, I was alone and a bit tired so I took a DVD from the glove box. I was watching Batman Begins in my Suzuki Swift all the way to KB. I usually drive my car at 110 km/hr. I am a slow driver now not like I used to be when I first drove the swift in 2009. Back then I was only 23.

So I arrived safe and sound at 9pm. Well it took me about 1 hour and a half as I drove very slow as it was raining heavily that night.



No comments:

Post a Comment