Saturday 8 December 2012

Future plans: Exterior updates

For more than 4 years the color cherry red has been my favorite color for my swift. The following are some exterior updates that I am going to make for my Suzuki Swift in the future.

1. Custom design rear bumper

At the moment, I already finalized the design of my rear bumper but still needs some improvements as the measurements on paper are still not in actual scaled. I am so attracted to the Kia signature grill since my dad bought a Kia Optima recently. I am also in love with the claw- like designs of the new Suzuki Swift sport fog light cover. And lastly the rear also has a repetition of the wing like design of the front Swift R bumper.





2. Wide front and rear fenders

The original Suzuki Swift R concept has wide body fender that produces muscular and sporty looks. So it is very important to widen the fenders by pulling out the fenders as opposed to welding custom new steel fenders.









This is when new steels being welded onto the actual fenders
 


pictures below are the result of pulling out the actual fenders




3. Painted Sunline Racing Hood

It has been my dream to put on a carbon reinforced fibre hood to reduce weight of the Suzuki Swift. There are two carbon fibre hood designs that I really like.

Sunline Racing carbon fibre hood

Chargespeed CF hood
4. Custom TM Square front diffuser

I drive my Suzuki Swift most of the time. So it is not really practical to have a lowered Suzuki Swift that barely touches the road. It can affect and damages the front bumper, the tires, the gearbox fluid tank and susceptible to fines from police traffics. So to prevent all these from happening, I need to put in adjustable street coilovers to have a lowered ride but not to low. To make it lowered in front, I have to put on custom diffuser or lip with a design just like TM Square. This can also protect the bumpers from being hit resulted by unstable roads and potholes.

TM square front lip is attached originally is sill susceptible to bumper damages if the ride is too low


A custom lip with a design curve on the middle like TM Square
5. Street Coilover

The installation of a street coilover has many benefits than putting on sport springs into the stock suspension. The coilover can be adjusted to achieve practicality and beauty.






6. Custom Sunroof (Optional)

It has been a trend for Korean cars these days to have a panoramic moon roofs on their cars. My dad bought a Kia Optima recently and quite impressed with the moon roof. It makes the interior more nicer and bright on daylight and makes it romantic at night.




7. Kia Optima LED running Lights

The Suzuki Swift R front bumper has large wing like intake front which allows elongated LED running lights to be placed.







8. New paint work

Red is a nice paint color for Suzuki Swift but its time to change to dark orange when I am done with all exterior updates on my Suzuki Swift.

Light orange tuned Suzuki Swift

Dark orange metallic will likely be my choice




No comments:

Post a Comment